Wednesday, December 8, 2010

HurryUpWait

Well, legals just arrived at my house and left my house in the last hour.  When it's time for me to do something concerning the adoption I GET IT DONE.  I want Griffin home as quickly as possible so I feel it's my job to complete and mail all paperwork as quickly as possible.  I focus and move as fast as possible while also making sure I have followed all the instructions to the letter.  And now my chest hurts and I can feel that my blood pressure is up.  I'm not joking.  Breath...

Ok!  My hubby and I have been brainstorming and working on a little project.  We're planning on doing a raffle to raise money to help us bring Little Man home.  We are REALLY wanting to raffle of an iPad so in the last three days Blake has sold our 20 inch computer monitor, our Wii, and our surround sound for our old computer.  All on Craigslist.  That dude is a selling machine!  Blake not Craig.  Seriously, I'm really proud of him.  Anyway, we're trying to come up with enough money to get the iPad to raffle off...but then I'm thinking...why don't we just put that money in our adoption fund.  I don't know.  I haven't worked that out in my head yet.  I'll just pray that we can sell MILLIONS (haha...evil Dr. Evil laugh) of raffle tickets!

Couple other side notes...I've been doing a little care package shopping for Griffin.  I won't be able to get a package to him before Christmas but that's ok.  It's been fun buying boy stuff.  I'll post a pic of everything before I send it off.  Also, I've been redecorating here on my blog.  It's not exactly what I wanted but I unfortunately don't have hours to waste finding the perfect background or banner.

OH, OH, OH!!!  Blake just called and because of some nifty driving he made it to the post office on time and our legals will be arriving at USCIS tomorrow before noon!  I can't tell you how happy that makes me!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Isn't it nice to SEE progress! Way to go on getting your stuff sent out so quickly - and I think your ipad giveaway is a good idea! You'll have to keep us posted on how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, girl! I'm happy to see things are moving along. I think the ipad is a great idea. Then again so is taking the money & putting that towards the little guy. Let me know what you deceide to do. Thinking & praying for you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAH!!! So happy to hear things moving! WTG Blake and the nifty driving, glad I was at home! ;) Great idea about the ipad. Enjoy shopping for Griffin! I'm so pink-purple coded, I have a hard time looking at blue's and red's! So different shopping for a boy, once you're girl prone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to post a comment :-) Just started following...looks like we are in the same phase of waiting, in fact we sent our I600 off on the 10th! Hoping we have our babies home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete