Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

I was really excited when my mom told me she bought The Elf on the Shelf for Kinley.  I had been debating whether or not she was old enough and if she would 'get it.'  I knew she would at least enjoy looking for the elf every day.  And boy, I was right!  She gets the biggest smile on her face when she spots him sitting in our Christmas tree or hanging from the top of our curtains.  Fun times!

Well, as all of you Elf on a Shelfers know, when you get your elf you name him.  The first day we got our elf Kinley was napping and Blake and I were discussing what our elf's name should be.  I knew Blake would come up with something good.  He's the goofy one. And he did not disappoint. 

Blake:  You know who he looks like?
Me:  Who?
Blake:  Napoleon Dynamite's creepy brother, Kip.
Laughter!  Tears!  Ridiculous quotes from the movie!  More laughter and tears!

So Kip it is.  I'm hoping one of these days I won't regret naming Santa's little spy Kip.  I don't want to tell Kinley her elf is named after a guy who famously said, "Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day."

It would be par for the course, though.  My dad made we watch Animal House a MILLION times!


Yup.  Kip.  Without the mustache and glasses.


2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Oh..and where did she get him? I have been thinking about getting one....such a cute idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very hilarious! I loved Napoleon Dynamite! And it is so fitting! Great job Blake! :)

    ReplyDelete