Monday, May 16, 2011

Shopping in Seoul

I had so much fun shopping in Seoul.  As I said before, I did more looking than buying and I'm pretty sure I could have looked for weeks.  Insadong was my favorite place to browse.  I didn't get to buy as much stuff as I wanted to for a couple reasons.  First, we ran out of time.  We got Griffin earlier in our trip than I thought we would, and it was super exhausting shopping with a baby on your back.  And, really, we needed to be at the hotel working on our relationship with Griffin.  Second, I ran out of room in our suitcases.  And we took 4 big suitcases.  Wow.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite things...

This is the lantern I bought for Kinley, and I LOVE it!  Each side is a season.  Spring, summer, fall, and winter.  When I saw the lanterns in Seoul I thought of how much Kinley loves the movie Tangled right now, and I had to get one for her.  She loves it, too.


Wedding ducks.  This is me and Blake's set of wedding ducks, and I also bought two other sets for when Kinley and Griffin get married.  Their sets are painted and more colorful and beautifully wrapped which is why there is no picture.  I wanted our set to be more simple.  I can't wait to give the kids their ducks. 
Oh, wait. 
Yes, I can.


This is my celadon tea set.  I love the simplicity of it.  I bought my mom a BEAUTIFUL set.  Tea sets like this one were everywhere in Seoul.  They're not just for pretties in Korea.  Mine is going on my buffet.


This is a set of prince and princess figurines that I picked up at the Folk Museum near one of the palaces we visited.  They had all different sets from lots of different time periods and dynasties.  I thought this set was appropriate since I have my own prince and princess.


And the famous name chops.  I plan on doing a separate post about name chops. 
They are my favorite thing from Seoul. 
 Except Griffin, of course!

2 comments:

  1. I loved browsing, shopping, etc! my one regret is not getting the name chop! :( Love your items though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!! That lantern is beautiful and will now be on my shopping list :) Hoping for TC tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete