Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby Girl

My sweet Kinley is really struggling with the changes that our family is experiencing right now.  She is the sweetest, most laid back child I know.  We have never had discipline problems with her.  Time out works really well for Kinley and it's just her personality to be obedient and orderly.  Very type A.  Griffin joining our family has rocked her world and honestly, I'm more concerned about her transition than Griffin's.

Tonight, she asked to paint and initially I said no.  It was almost bath time, and how am I going to let her paint with Griffin nearby?!  I immediately changed my mind, though.  My sweet girl deserves to do something fun and just for her.  She said, "Baby paint."  And I kept telling her that the painting was just for her because she's so special. 

I was sitting at the table talking to her and watching her paint and she asked me to paint.  She started telling me what color to use and what to paint.  Circle, dots, square.  I loved letting her have the control, since recently she has totally lost control of her little world.  And then I decided I wanted to do anything to see my girl smile and hear her giggle.  So I started dotting my face with paint!  Kinley giggled and then mimicked me.  We kept doing it until we had paint all over our faces!  We laughed so hard at each other.  It was the best moment I have had with Kinley since we've been home from Korea.

I love my baby girl and will do anything to help her get through this difficult time.  She's such a special little girl, and I want her old personality back.  Tonight, I saw a little sneak peek.



3 comments:

  1. Awe! Your post brought tears to my eyes! Don't worry your Kinley is still there. You're such a fantastic Mommy!!! Praying for you all still...big life changes are hard no matter how happy they are! Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you're such a great mom April! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camden had a REALLY hard time adjusting too - up to that point, he was so laid back and just plain easy. You're doing the right thing by giving her some extra attention. It will just take time.

    ReplyDelete