Monday, May 2, 2011

Go Time!

We're about to walk out the door and head to Holt to meet and get Griffin!  I'm pacing the floor, trying to remember what I've forgotten.  I'm excited and nervous.  Blake is laying on the bed, reading a book, acting like it's just another day.  I could puke.

Thoughts....

I just want him to like me.  He doesn't have to love me, yet.  Just like me.  A little.

We took a cab ride from hell this morning and it's got me all wound up.  Still.  It ended with an argument with the cab driver and us refusing to pay him what he was asking.  Lovely.

Please like me, Griffin.

I'm so thankful for all my new adoption friends and my old friends.  I've received so many sweet messages on Facebook, and I just chatted with two adoption friends that have played an enormous role in my life the past nine months.  Whether they  know it or not.  Hi Rachel and Mary Leigh!

I hope the baby carrier doesn't make my dress ride up.

I hope everyone likes their gifts!  I stressed so much about those darn gifts!

The yellow dust from China is worse today than it was yesterday.

Even though he probably won't like me, I still love him.  And I can be patient.  He's worth it.

Ok, here we go!  Say a prayer for us!

8 comments:

  1. You'll do great and Griffin will love you!
    (Even though he doesn't show at first, he will grow to)
    It's a big day and enjoy your baby and rest of the trip!!
    Hugs to you~

    mysmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, praying - pictures please!

    going to alabama tomorrow to help with relief efforts - i won't be able to check back until friday. i hope your transition goes smoothly and your relish every moment with your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all went well today. This is the day you've been waiting and working so hard for for a long time. Happy Gotcha Day! Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! My stomach is doing flip flops for you. I got tears in my eyes just imagining what you're going through as a husband & wife, as a mommy & daddy, and as a whole family!!!!!! It's amazing the ways that God works in our lives, and I think Griffin's story being woven into yours is an amazing one!
    I'm sure that there will be ups and downs during the adjustment, but the underlying story is that this. is. meant. to. happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, by the time you read this Griffin will be yours forever! I hope he has a great transition! I've been super emotional this week reading your and CJ's blog! You guys have always been so supportive on the BB! What a community! Please know I'm lifting you up in prayer and am so excited to hear how everything went!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had those feelings right before we went to Holt too! I so know your nervousness! But now you have him! And he will love you and Blake and Kinley so much! Hugs to you mama! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day! It may be tough at first, but everything will be just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see a picture! Yay for meeting Griffin! You're in my prayers today!

    ReplyDelete