Monday, January 24, 2011

We're getting closer!

More EPs were submitted today!  That is the 3rd batch this month!  Which is wonderful news because as Blake put it, "We're getting closer!"  According to a list that is compiled on the Holt Korea forum, Korea is almost done submitting EPs to the September referrals.  We're a late November referral so it will be another month or two (or longer) before we're submitted, but if they keep this pace up we could be in Korea in April.  That would be wonderful!  I really want Griffin home before his first birthday. 

In other adoption news...we got a fun box from Amazon today!


First, for any future parents out there, this monitor is wonderful!  We've been using one since Kinley was born (2 years, 4 months) and haven't had any problems with it.  Occasional static but no biggie.  Also, we got this one $60 cheaper on Amazon compared to the same monitor at T@rget or B@bies R Us.  Second, I've started going through the Lonely Planet Seoul City Guide and LOVE it!  So much great info!  I would definitely recommend it.  Haven't looked through the phrase book, yet.

On a scary note, Kinley gave us the worst scare of her life today.  A couple month ago we moved her from her highchair to a booster seat.  She loves it, but we've had a problem with her pushing away from the table with her feet and leaning back on two chair legs.  Much like how we used to get in trouble in school when we would lean back in our chair.  But we've always been right there when she does it, and she's only lifted the front legs MAYBE two inches off the ground.  And, of course, we tell her not to do it but most of the time she doesn't even realize she's doing it...just mindlessly eating and leaning back. By the way, we have bar height table and chairs. Well, today she was eating at the table and Blake and I were in the kitchen (the table is maybe ten feet away from the kitchen and I can see her the entire time) filling our bowls with my homemade tortilla soup (yum!) and all of a sudden I hear a horrible crash and know exactly what happened.  We both run to her, Blake gets to her first, and I rip her out of his arms because of course she needs her momma, right?  She's doing the silent I'm-not-breathing cry so I lean her forward and dig out the partially chewed up chicken nugget in her mouth so she won't choke when she finally does decides to breath.  She cried hard, for about two minutes then wanted down so she could look at herself in the glass doors of the fireplace.  Scared the CRAP out of us!  I mean my blood pressure was through the roof for about 20 minutes and Blake was pretty wound up too.  And he never freaks out when she gets hurt.  Thank goodness she seems fine but has a big goose egg on the back of her head.  Little stinker is gonna be the death of me!

And finally, another Bringing Home Baby Griffin fundraiser reminder.  Just to recap...we're raffling off an Apple iPad and you can win by purchasing a ticket!

1 ticket for $20
4 tickets for $30
6 tickets for $40
12 tickets for $50
25 tickets for $75
50 tickets for $100


We're drawing for the winner on February 4, 2011.  You can purchase tickets by clicking on our Donate button on the right side of this blog or you can email me at amchambers2@gmail.com and tell me how many tickets you want.  We've had a wonderful response and we're so grateful for everyone's support!

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh!! Hope Kinley is okay! Our kids can scare the hebbiejebbies out of us! Hang in there April, you're getting there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..glad your little girl is doing ok! And I loved all of the stuff you got from Amazon. I was curious if you could tell me how I look at the Holt forum. Is the forum for anyone that uses Holt in Korea or is it just for people that are using the actual HOLT agencys in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear she is okay...I think you guys would about die over here at our house! Between my two boys, they fall, bang heads, roll out of bed, etc..all the time. Yeah for getting a little closer every day! Brooke, any one can go on Holt forum, most are from Holt agency but there are some from other agencies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear she is okay...I think you guys would about die over here at our house! Between my two boys, they fall, bang heads, roll out of bed, etc..all the time. Yeah for getting a little closer every day! Brooke, any one can go on Holt forum, most are from Holt agency but there are some from other agencies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for all those EP's going through! I hope that you're in Korea by April- Which means we need to make plans for Wichita in March, right? :)

    My daughter does that with her chair too. Luckily, we can position her by a wall. I hate that they can scare us like that... Gives me the shivers to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor Kinley (and Mom and Dad!). My son used to do that no matter how much I told him not to. The first time he fell he learned his lesson. He didn't get hurt but I think it took a few years off me!:)

    Thanks for the tip on the monitor - I just ordered it! The one we used when our son was little broke and I've been wanting to get one with video. So glad I caught the sale!!

    ReplyDelete