Monday, January 10, 2011

More waiting...

I am very much aware that our adoption process has moved VERY fast.  I follow lots of blogs and when I see people have been waiting for almost a year and a half for a referral...well, I feel guilty.  We were very blessed the way things just fell in to place for us.  We decided on Korea and knew Holt was the agency we wanted to work with.  It just so happened that about the time we sent in our application Holt became overwhelmed with baby boys that needed a home.  We almost chose another agency because we heard the wait time was super short.  It didn't work out.  We originally requested a baby girl.  I had a change of heart.  All these little happenings led us to our sweet Griffin.  I have no doubt he's ours.

I say all that to say...I'm waiting.  And I hate it.  But it could be worse.  I could still be waiting on a referral.  But I'm not.  I'm waiting to hold my little boy for the first time.  And I think knowing that there are hundreds (probably thousands) still waiting to see their child's face for the first time is helping me get through the most difficult part of the wait.

So, what am I doing while I wait?  I'm shopping for little man, of course!  There are some 'necessities' (no baby really needs this stuff but...) that I'm working on before Griffin comes home.  I need a carrier.  Korean babies are used to being carried either on their mother or foster mother's chest or back.  And it's also a great thing for bonding and attachment.  I didn't carry Kinley in a sling or carrier but with a toddler at home and the benefits of carrying for attachment, I'm going to try it with Griffin.  Here's the carrier I purchased.
Ergo Performance Baby Carrier
I tried it on and put Kinley in it and she loved it!  I'm not kidding.  She layed her head on my chest immediately.  Kinda wish I would have had this when she was a baby.

Next on my list was bedding.  I had originally decided just to buy crib sheets.  He's likely to be almost a year old (possibly already 1) and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a bedding set.  I had some really cool, modern sheets already picked out and then I saw this set on Target.


I ordered it, and to be honest, I haven't decided if I'm in love with it.  It was a 10 piece set for a great price so that's a plus.  I don't know....opinions?

I need a few things for the walls.  I was planning on just throwing some things together...not making it too matchy matchy.  And I found this.  And I LOVE this!!!  This will be in my house forever but it's going in Griffin's room first.

I think these are going to be our house rules.  Don't you just love it?!

Next on my list is a monitor and a double stroller, and I think that's it.  Of course he's going to need some clothes and diapers but that can wait until closer to travel call.  Oh, and a few blankets!  Man, I think I better make a list...

11 comments:

  1. I love the target set! I am going to see if I can get the same here in Australia :-) But I don't want to purchase until our referral comes ... hopefully soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE that print!! Where can I find one?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new things coming your way A! Really love the bedding too! It's list time mama, so soon...so soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ERGo. and its gray..swoon. I am obsessed with all things gray for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! You are a great shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are moving right along! That little plaque/print is so cute. Where'd ya get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's the link to the vintage sign. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but that's how much I love it!

    http://customwoodsigns.artehouse.com/perl/search.pl?search=0003-9066&Go+Search.x=0&Go+Search.y=0&Go+Search=SEARCH

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was all about being a "baby-wearer" with my daughter. She and I both loved it. I didn't have an Ergo but have heard GREAT reviews about them. Good choice!
    I also love the crib bedding too! I think it's a keeper.
    I like your new "house rules" and I actually just got a crazy but maybe fantastic idea about more wall decor for you... I think I'll just private message it to you on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for the Ergo and crib set! We actually have bought the same Ergo and almost the same set :-)
    Hoping you don't have too much longer until travel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all!!! I especially love the new house rules. I know how hard waiting is...but all in God's perfect timing. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, the bedding is nice. I like that pattern a lot.

    ReplyDelete