Friday, February 11, 2011

Worth the Wait



So, I threw my little fit on Monday (see previous post), but I'm over it now.  There was LOTS of great news on the adoption forum!  Embassy appearances, VP's scheduled, even some travel calls!  Unfortunately, there was no EP movement.  But I'm ok with that!  I've taken a little inventory and realized I'm super blessed (duh!) and this adoption has been a breeze so far.  Our home study was pushed to be done quickly, we waited only 5 weeks for our referral (unheard of!), our I600A and I600 was approved super fast...everything has been very smooth.  I've heard tons of horror stories where paperwork will sit on a desk for weeks, sometimes months before it's even looked at.  We've had it easy.  No doubt about it.

So, I will wait.  I waited 26 months to get pregnant with Kinley.  I can wait a few more weeks or even a month or two for EP submittal and approval.  I'll wait as long as it takes, obviously.  My son is worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great April! There are some hard days, for sure! But then we recover and have good days to be thankful for. So happy for you, hang in there, it'll happen, at least that's what I kept hearing and now it finally is! I'll be watching! :)Hugs to you girl!

    ReplyDelete