Friday, February 18, 2011

EP Submitted!!!!

Griffin was submitted for his EP (emigration permit) today!!!  I am TOTALLY and COMPLETELY shocked that he was submitted today.  I had decided to not expect anything until at least March.  Things have really slowed down with the EP's and there had already been a batch submitted at the beginning of the month.  So, to help keep myself sane I had just decided to 'forget' about it for a week or two.  And then BAM!  The most amazing email was sitting in my inbox!  Isn't God awesome!

So, what's an emigration permit?  It is permission from the Korean government for Griffin to leave the country and the last big step before he comes home.  HUGE step!!!  Right now EP's are taking about two weeks to be approved and then a few more things have to happen...

Travel certificate - Our agency will apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the
 travel certificate after EP approval.

Visa physical - After EP approval and travel certificate Griffin will be examined by
 a doctor to make sure he is healthy enough for travel.

Visa interview - Griffin's foster mom will take him to
the Embassy for a visa 'interview.'

TRAVEL CALL!!!  We're expecting our travel call in 4-6 weeks! 

Whoa...

As I already said, I am so shocked.  We really weren't expecting his EP to be submitted so soon but PRAISE GOD!  My son is coming home...SOON!!!

8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! I am sooooo happy for you! This is such amazing news! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is great news! Moving faster than anticipated! Hurray! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly!

    Hmm... picture planning timeline? You can e-mail me!

    sillyhille@gmail. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, great news!!!! Better start thinking about that packing business:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO happy your son will be home SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is incredible. Hoping the next few steps go as quickly for us. I think God wants your little Griffin home soon!

    ReplyDelete