Monday, November 28, 2011

Time Keeps on Slippin'

November absolutely flew by!  I know it's technically still November but it sure doesn't feel like it with the Christmas trees twinkling in the windows of all the houses in our neighborhood.  Including ours.  Decorating the tree was fun, but I'll save that for another post.  Thanksgiving was nice and the day before Thanksgiving was a very special day.  I wasn't able to blog because we were on the road that day but November 23 marked the one year anniversary that we received our referral of Griffin.  You can take a look back at that day by clicking here.  I truly can't believe it's already been one year since we received that call.  It feels like Griffin has been with us forever, but is time really slipping away that quickly?

I wanted to share the four pictures that came with Griffin's referral file.  I think I shared my favorite picture one year ago, but here are all of them.





Wow.  I have to admit I haven't looked at these pictures in months.  Definitely not the newborn pictures.  Looking at them now makes me feel differently than I did when looking at them while Griffin was still in Korea.  That baby is my son.  I don't know how to explain it but I could somehow feel a connection to the picture of the smiling, chubby six month old.  But I never really connected to the infant.  But today, right now....wow.  That's my baby boy.

In other news, we received word today that we have a court date for finalization!  On December 13th at 9:00 am Bak Hyeon-wu will become Griffin Lee Hyeon-wu Chambers, a U.S. citizen, and legally ours forever!  Can't wait to celebrate such a special day!

And last but not not least, a taste of Christmas pictures I took today.




4 comments:

  1. Awww love the pictures! :) Congrats on your precious family April! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and so happy he's home to celebrate this Christmas with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I feel the same way about Charlie's newborn photos. Love the pics -- he is such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that little cutie! I love his Christmas picture so much! And I adore the vintage feel of Kinley's picture.

    ReplyDelete