Friday, November 4, 2011

Home 6 Months!

Yesterday marked six months that Griffin has been home. I'm really mad at myself for forgetting to blog, but such is life.  We didn't forget to celebrate, though!  Kinley had school so Griffin had me all to himself, so we just hung out and played all day.  We have a new ginormous sectional for our new living room and Griffin and I have started cuddling up and napping together on days Kinley is at school.  Yesterday, Griff slept and I caught up on the DVR.

My sweet boy cuddled up in my lap for his nap.

And we made a trip to Target for some groceries and paint supplies.  I love taking Griffin shopping with me.  He loves to wave and say hi to everyone.  So sweet.  And he sings and talks the ENTIRE time.  It makes me so proud when I see him put a smile on a fellow shopper's face.

He looks so tough with his black eye.

I took the kids to Sonic for milk shakes after we picked Kinley up from school, and that was a near disaster in the car.  But we made it home and enjoyed the rest of the shakes (a Coke for me) at the table where it's safe.  We also received a wonderful surprise on our doorstep yesterday.  Our consent to adopt papers from our agency arrived a day early.  What a perfect day to hold those in my hands!  Six months home and ready to finalize.  I forwarded them on to our adoption attorney and he will be getting back to me with a court date soon.  I'm so excited to make it "official!"

We ended the day with some chicken and brown rice which Griffin devoured and some quality play time in the play room.  Such a wonderful, fun, surreal day.  I can't believe my little man has been home six months.  I can't say enough how lucky we are.  Blessed is a better word!  We're in awe of our son.  We truly feel we don't deserve him.  He is so sweet and smart and funny and loving.  Seriously, we hit the jackpot! 


2 comments:

  1. jackpot , indeed!!!!!! happy 6 months home! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww love this post!! Aiden does the same thing, waves to people and says "Hi!". It's so adorably cute, so I can easily picture Griffin doing that in all his cuteness!!! :) Congrats, now onto FINALIZATION!!!

    ReplyDelete