Monday, April 18, 2011

Meeting an Old Friend

Yesterday was a fun day.  I met a friend that I had "known" for 3 or 4 years for the first time!  Let me explain...back in my infertility days (I like to think that part of my life is over.  Good riddance.) I joined a online infertility support group.  It was a life saver, much like the adoption forum I'm apart of now.  I met lots of amazing women all dealing with the same struggles I was dealing with.  We all wanted to have children.  One of my online friends, Sarah, saw a picture I posted of me at the 2006 Big 12 football championship game in Kansas City against Nebraska.  She commented on the picture and said she was at the same game.  How cool is that!?  I gave her some heck about being a Nebraska fan and I kept up with her infertility struggle but we didn't talk much.  She got pregnant.  I got pregnant.  She had her daughter in July 2008 and Kinley was born October 2008.  After Kinley was born I quit visiting the support group.

Fast forward to late last year.  My sweet friend, Melissa, (who is due any time with her first child, Grace!  Yay!) from the infertility support group messaged me on Facebook and told me Sarah was also a blogger and might be interested in my blog.  And that's when Sarah and I reconnected.  Our paths crossed again.  I don't believe in coincidences.  I know it's overused but...I really do believe everything happens for a reason.

So, Sarah being the sweetheart that she is (and super fabulous photographer) offered to do a pre-adoption family photo shoot!  Free of charge!  Man, I have great friends!  Yesterday was the big day.  We met in Wichita, Kansas, got blown around by the wind, and chased a very uncooperative Kinley all over a park.  It was perfect!  It was quite surreal meeting a Daily Strength (name of infertility group) girl.  I used to have problems reaching out and asking for help but Daily Strength and all the women I met there changed that.  Changed me forever.

Sarah, thank you so much for your support and friendship.  Then and now.  It's nice to bring an old friend into my new adoption world.  And thank you for your patience during our photo shoot! LOL!  Kinley was a MESS!  THANK YOU!!!  And why didn't we get a picture of the two of us?!  What were we thinking?!

You can find Sarah's blog here.

1 comment:

  1. *humbled*

    It was fantastic to meet someone I've "known" for years too! You're the first "internet friend" I've met in real life, and it was fun. Kinley is a doll, and I'm so excited to edit and send your pictures.

    I believe that things happen for God's reasons, and totally know that your journey with bringing Griffin home has strengthened me and my decisions easier.

    I feel blessed to know you and call you a friend!

    ReplyDelete