Friday, September 17, 2010

Hyperventilating

I received a very interesting and exciting phone call yesterday.  Blake and I had just dropped Kinley off at a friend's house because we were going to the Zac Brown Band concert.  The concert was AMAZING, by the way.  So we're headed to the concert and my phone rings and it's Holt, our placing agency.  I immediately thought it was strange because right now we're just waiting for our social worker to put together our home study.  We haven't had much communication between us and Holt because it's just not time for that yet.  I answer the phone and it's the director of the Korea program.  She asks me where we are with our home study, and I tell her we just had our visit on Saturday and it would probably be 2-3 weeks before our social worker could complete it.  She goes on to tell me that they basically have an overflow of healthy baby boys that need a family and that if we could get her our home study in the next couple of weeks we could have a referral by the end of the year.  Pause.  Heart racing.  Shallow, fast breathing.  Blood pressure rising.  I actually said to her, "You're joking right now, right?"  Which, in hindsight, I'm a little embarrassed about.  I kind of acted like a school girl who was just asked to her first dance by the cutest guy at school.  But really, I don't think I'm the first crazy parent she's had to deal with.  Anyway, she gave me a few more details and told me to call my social worker to see if we could expedite our home study.  I left a slightly calmer message on my social worker's voice mail and she left a message basically saying she will do what she can but she can't promise anything.

So what does this all mean?  First of all, if we get our home study to Korea in time we could go through the standard program instead of the Waiting Child program which means our baby would be totally healthy.  Bonus!  Second, this cuts our wait time in half, at least.  Bonus!  Now, I would like to say that these things don't happen for Blake and I.  Good luck is not a frequent visitor to our family.  That's ok.  We do things our way.  I say all that to say...I'm CAUTIOUSLY optimistic.  I really feel like the situation in Korea is in one way or another going to speed up our wait time.

Ok.  I'll admit it.  I'm kind of on cloud nine, but I also know that this excitement could vanish in a heartbeat.  So I'm going to pray, because that's really all I can do.  Will you please pray for us?  I believe in God's timing.  I've lived it.  So, if this doesn't work out I'll be disappointed, but I know that it's happening for a reason.  But, in the meantime, let's all say a little prayer that our social worker gets our home study to Holt next week.

2 comments:

  1. Be praying for you. We just sent our HS into Holt on Tuesday...for a boy too! Isn't it wonderful and kinda scary that this process may possibly move super fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April! We are going through Holt too and our social worker just sent our homestudy to the Branch Director today. I'm hoping it gets sent to Holt USA next week. Looking forward to more good news for both of us!

    ReplyDelete