Monday, October 18, 2010

Empty Promises

I know that I promised I would eventually write about and have pictures of (pictures are what your here for, right?) Kinley's birthday.  Well, I've got bad news.  I'm having major camera problems.  Actually it's my CF card but the point is I don't have very many pictures.  Hopefully my family was able to get the moments I missed because of my faulty card.

Kinley had a birthday week.  Eight days to be exact.  The Friday before her birthday we celebrated with our playgroup friends.  That was a super fun party and we loved having everyone here to play and celebrate Kinley turning two!  Thursday (Oct. 7) was the  BIG DAY!!!  And when I mean big I mean jam packed with lot of Kinley's favs!  We started out by heading to the Disney Store.  Kinley had never been there so this was a great way to start our day.  I wish I had video of Kinley's reaction to all things Disney.  Kinley can get pretty excited.  Big smiles, giggles, a little dancing and arm flapping are all good indicators that Miss Thing is super excited.  That's why I was so shocked by her reaction.  All she could do was walk (VERY SLOWLY and with tiny little steps) and stare quietly at all the Disney characters lined along the top of the walls of the store.  I've never seen her so overwhelmed that she was absolutely silent.  She eventually came out of her little excitement induced walking coma and had some fun picking out a stuffed Mickey and Nemo.  We spent a lot of time in there and had a blast.  We'll be going back.

The rest of the day was full of more Kinley favorites.  Toys R Us where we Blake bought a Barbie 4-wheeler for the birthday girl.  Ted's Mexican food for dinner.  The park for some marathon swinging and sliding.  And finally her favorite movie, Madagascar, in bed with popcorn.  It was a perfect day.  We went all out this year for sure. 

Her big birthday party was Saturday (Oct. 9) and we had more friends and family over to help us celebrate.  Kinley received lots of nice gifts including a kitchen from Grandma and Grandpa and an easel from Granny and Papaw.  Both have been wonderful and are keeping her very busy. 

Ok, ok. Here ya go. Remember, this isn't everything. My memory card ate some of them.



 Helping daddy put together her new table and chairs.


 Such a big helper!








 Kinley rearranging her new chairs.


 Loving on Nemo.


 I forgot to mention that she's apparently scared of fire. 
This is right after we put her birthday cake in front of her
and right before she started crying.

 Bad quality picture but good quality movie!


 Marty is so funny!





 Blake's purchase.





 Her cake was AWESOME!!!


 Whoa!!!


 Kinley's BFF, Gavin.


 Miss Emily riding the 4-wheeler.


Snuggled up with Nemo after a long day.



1 comment:

  1. Kinley is one lucky lady!!! Love the pictures, the new wheels, the cake, & especially the pic of Kinley crackin up in bed. Glad you guys had such an awesome Birthday week plus! :)

    ReplyDelete